Free Study Materials, Video Lectures, Video Solutions for Various Books, Sample Papers etc. for class 11-12 and for Jee Preparation... All for FREE...


Sunday, June 8, 2014

How does it feel to not qualify in IIT JEE? : Quora

I failed IIT JEE. Got an abysmal score in BITSAT, AIEEE and Maharashtra CET. Its not that I had not tried hard, and I won't be playing the blame games on anyone but the truth is "I had failed".



I was very disappointed and so were my parents, and I felt somewhere I have let them down. My father had to use contacts and (some extra money) to get me an admission at an engineering college, and I was low on confidence.

I had to prove myself, and gain back the confidence from my family.

After my admission, I did only one thing, "I enjoyed", I kept my spirits high and started to learn to acquire knowledge and did not care about exam scores. I started learning to understand. I didn't study much, but I studied just enough that I understood how exactly a particular thing works. I stopped focussing on the curriculum and more on expanding the breadth of my knowledge, and working on practical applications than "memorizing" theory.

The outcomes
  • I was in top 2 teams at inter-college level for Infosys CampusConnect Aspirations2020.
  • I got "decent" marks at first, and started being somewhat consistently in the top 5 students in my department.
  • I got through Google Summer of Code twice (2011 and 2012).
  • I was in the organizing committee for my college festival.
  • I got an awesome job just couple of days after my final exam.

"People now know me not because of my ranks/scores, but because of my work and knowledge, and that is all that matters in the end, my knowledge. Period."


Post Originally Shared From: quora.com

No comments: